NSU 250 vintage motorcycle engine with carburettor.
Believed for a Max model. The engine number is shown in the images.
The engine turns over by hand, with compression. It is being sold as an engine for rebuild as I have no history of it. It was bought on behalf of someone who now does not require it.
It comes with a Bing carburettor attached. Assume that everything will need to serviced or rebuilt. However, it does come with cases, barrel and head in decent condition.
See the images. I have removed the cylinder head and barrel, together with the primary cover.
The good bits:
- The fins on the head and barrel are nice.
- The cylinder head is in good condition.
- The barrel bore is around 62.8mm.
- The barrel is the original one as the number at the base matches the engine number.
- The piston is used but OK and comes with the piston rings
- The connecting rod number is 95650
- The cast number inside the outer primary cover is KO 798
- The cast number on the inner primary cover / casing is KO 796
- It comes with the carb and carb manifold.
The not-so-good bits:
- There is a crack on the rear part of the inner primary cover (as shown). The only thing holding it in place is a fixing screw from the outer cover. I’m sure it can be welded. It’s complete. There are no little chips missing.
- There is what looks like a small slice missing on the stator side. It’s shown. However, I think that may be intentional.
I will ship Internationally.However, shipping cost is on top of the item price. I will charge whatever I get quoted to send to you.
Sorry, I will not ship to the following countries / continents. They each have their own issues. Most of them involve poor tracking and parts going “missing”. If you live in one of these places and you’re desperate for the item, get in touch if you can provide me with an address for a friend or relative in another location. I can send there. Africa, Russia, Indonesia, India.
Combined shipping available if you buy more than one item.
Viewing: Please come and check it over before you buy. It is at PE28, near St Ives in Cambridgeshire.
Shipping: I usually ship to most destinations. (see above). If you don’t see a price, please ask. Thanks. International shipping available.
Collection: If you don’t want it shipped, I have plenty of space. If you can’t collect for a while, it’s not a problem. However, I will need to be paid very soon after the sale. Thanks.
Payment: Good old fashioned money on collection is preferred. I can accept payment through PayPal or by bank transfer as well.
Import Taxes: Please note that IMPORT DUTIES are not something I can control. If you are buying from outside the UK, there is a chance that you will have to pay import taxes. Import taxes vary from country to country. If there are charges to pay, it is the buyer’s responsibility to research the cost and pay the duties. The price that you see on my advert is for the item and not the item plus whatever taxes might be due.