Off to the USA
Vintage Triumph Model SD, P, H flat fuel petrol gas tank fuel repainted.
I’m not certain which model it’s for. So, I will provide dimensions. I sold my 1924 Triumph SD a while ago, so I can’t compare.
As I recall, most of these Triumph flat tanks had the oil pump on the right. This one has the pump mount on the left. The gentle sloping profile suggests mid 1920’s and Model P. However, I think the Model P tank was possibly a little shorter. The SD and Riccardo had a different profile nearest the rider. It might fit a late 1920’s Model N but the oil pump should be on the right.
Overall the tank is in good condition. Someone else has had it painted and had it all cleaned out. It’s a decent tank. It’s not perfect. There are a few small marks and chips. I’ve done my best to show them. They could be touched in, rather than go for a full paint job again.
- Length overall: 25″
- Max width at front: 7 and 3/8″
- Width at rear: 7 and 3/8″
- Height at front: 3 and 1/2″
- Height at rear (before the slope): 3 and 1/2″
- Distance between the left and right fastenings (centre to centre): 4″
- Distance between the front and rear fastening holes (centre to centre): 13 and 1/2″
Please note: I don’t guarantee that this will fit your bike. I have provided dimensions for this reason. You decide if it will fit.
Other Triumph parts: I have some. Please get in touch.
- International shipping available. Please ask.
- Combined shipping available if you buy other parts.
- I usually ship to most destinations. If you don’t see a price, please ask. Shipping is in addition to the listed price for the item.
Viewing: Please come and check it over before you buy. It is at PE28, near St Ives in Cambridgeshire.
Collection: If you don’t want it shipped, I have plenty of space. If you can’t collect for a while, it’s not a problem. However, I will need to be paid very soon after the sale. Thanks.
Payment: This site has a facility to pay online. Good old fashioned money on collection is preferred. I can accept payment through PayPal or by bank transfer as well.
Import Taxes: Please note that IMPORT DUTIES are not something I can control. If you are buying from outside the UK, there is a chance that you will have to pay import taxes. Import taxes vary from country to country. If there are charges to pay, it is the buyer’s responsibility to research the cost and pay the duties. The price that you see on my advert is for the item and not the item plus whatever taxes might be due.