Triumph 5TA, T100 500cc Twin & 3TA , T90 350 motorcycle gearbox gear cluster set #8
Why do I think those models? See the number of teeth shown in the list below and compare with those given for a 1960 5TA. It’s very close. The only difference is the main shaft HIGH GEAR. The 1960 5TA has 26T listed, but this gearbox has 22T. This is one of two gears that are stamped with a number. The number is T2318.
Gearboxes from around 1964 has completely different numbers of teeth to this gearbox
The other gear that is stamped is the kickstart spindle. The number is T1449. Note that the splines are straight and don’t have a notch in them for the bolt. Also, this is not the needle roller bearing type. It’s a plain old bush. Nearly all early gearboxes have the spindle as T1445. I guess T1449 was slightly later.
- Low Gear 32T. (5TA is listed in parts book as T1414 32T)
- 3rd gear 23T. (5TA is listed in parts book as T1413 23T)
- The layshaft. It comes with 2nd and high gears (Not stamped but likely T1479)
- 2nd gear 28T (5TA is listed as having 28T)
- High gear 18T (5TA is listed as having 18T)
- Kick start spindle with bush. Stamped T1449.
- T2318 High gear 22T (5TA is listed in parts book as T1403 26T)
- 2nd gear 23T (5TA is listed in parts book as T1410 23T)
- 28T (5TA is listed in parts book as 28T combined Low and 3rd gears T1406)
- 19T (5TA is listed in parts book as 19T combined Low and 3rd gears T1406)
- Inner cover: T1448
- Outer cover: T1450. Note that this cover is a different shape when compared to the “normal” one with the “pointy bit” that curls under the engine casing.
Viewing: Please come and check it over before you buy. It is at PE28, near St Ives in Cambridgeshire.
Shipping: I usually ship to most destinations. If you don’t see a price, please ask. Thanks. International shipping available.
Collection: If you don’t want it shipped, I have plenty of space. If you can’t collect for a while, it’s not a problem. However, I will need to be paid very soon after the sale. Thanks.
Payment: Good old fashioned money on collection is preferred. I can accept payment through PayPal or by bank transfer as well.
Import Taxes: Please note that IMPORT DUTIES are not something I can control. If you are buying from outside the UK, there is a chance that you will have to pay import taxes. Import taxes vary from country to country. If there are charges to pay, it is the buyer’s responsibility to research the cost and pay the duties. The price that you see on my advert is for the item and not the item plus whatever taxes might be due.