Triumph T20 Tiger Cub project with matching engine & Frame numbers.
This is a standard (Low exhaust pipe version) Tiger Cub. The numbers date it to 1962.
I’ve had this project for years. It’s one of a few Cubs that I thought I would get around to rebuilding. Quite a bit of the chrome has been done. The frame parts have been powder coated, along with the side stand, rear foot brake pedal, the foot pegs and the rear foot peg hangers.
Nice Tiger Cubs are now getting very difficult to find within a sensible budget. This is a chance to get a nice one with matching numbers at a sensible price. You only have to do two things…. screw it together and get it registered.
As it doesn’t have documents, you will need to get it registered. It’s easier than most people think. Screw it together. Take some pics, including pictures of the frame and engine numbers. Send them off to the Registrar at the TOMCC (Triumph Motorcycle Owner’s Club) and ask him nicely to get you a V5. The Registrar has been in touch. He has already spoken with the DVLA and they have confirmed that the original registration of JJP52 is still available.
It has the original tank, tool box and oil tank. I think the colours for the 1962 model were: Flame Red on the top half of the petrol tank, with everything else in Silver Sheen and black. The paint on these parts is decent if you want to just make a bike and use it. If you were going to make a show bike, they would need to be re-painted as they have marks.
What you get:
- Engine (#86838) sold as an engine that needs a rebuild even though it all appears to be there.
- Carburettor. Original Amal type
- Main frame loop (#86838) – powder coated already
- Rear sub frame loop – powder coated already
- Swing arm – powder coated already
- Rear foot rest hangers – Powder coated already
- Rider’s foot pegs – Powder coated already
- Rear Brake foot pedal – Powder coated already
- Side stand – Powder coated already
- Upper and lower fork yokes – Powder coated already
- Lower fork lugs – Powder coated already (with end caps).
- Fork stanchions
- Gear lever & Kick start lever – re-chromed
- Complete headlight unit with upper / lower nacelles, speedo, headlight.
- Original steel read mudguard together with lower guard.
- Rear shocks
- Front mudguard. It’s for a Cub but doesn’t match this one.
- Front and rear wheels. They will need rebuilding but they have the hubs and front brake plate.
I have a box with envelopes containing smaller categorised parts, nuts etc.
Offers: Sorry. Not interested.
Viewing the project: I suggest that you ought to come and have a good look through the project so that you know what you are buying. It’s not an invitation to negotiate the price though. I’m firm on that. It is near St Ives in Cambridgeshire (PE28)
Payment: Ideally by bank transfer. You can pay in cash if you prefer.
Collection: I will make myself available. I’d like it to be collected soon after the deal is agreed.
Storage: If, for some reason, you need it stored for a couple of months. I can do that.
Delivery: I can deliver it to a UK mainland address. Costs will depend on where you are. Being a courier isn’t my trade, so we need to work out a sensible compensation for delivery. Sorry if that sounds strange but some people expect to buy something and then have it delivered for peanuts when they are a 600 mile round trip.