This is a rare opportunity to buy 1912 Douglas 2 3/4 clutchless veteran motorcycle project.
When new, it had a 2 speed, total loss oil system.
In 1912, Douglas produced variations of the 2 3/4 Model. I’ve done my best to investigate which of those models this is. I think it’s a Model H. If you know better, I’d love to hear.
The variations were:
- Model G – Chain to single speed counter-shaft and foot pegs
- Model H – 2 Speed with foot boards. (This one has frame extensions for foot boards)
- Model J – 2 Speed with foot pegs and drop bars (This one has the original standard bars)
- Model K – 2 Speed with clutch and kick start.
The frame number is 6895, which puts it in the date range for 1912 (4000-7100)
There are 3 engine cases. The engine case that will be supplied with this project is numbered 8443 (year 1913) as it is the closest to the frame number. The other two engine case are not included.
There are no documents with this project.
This is a project. It does not necessarily have all of the parts to complete the bike, so please look at the list below and the images. This is being offered on behalf of friends, who are in possession of several vintage and veteran Douglas motorcycles. Most of them will be sold.
IMPORTANT: You may see other parts in the images. They are not included, so please use the list below as your definitive list. Other parts / spares will be sold separately.
- Frame – #6895
- Engine case – 1913 cover with #8443
- Pair engine barrels
- One piston and connecting rod
- Drive pulley
- 2 speed gearbox (I assume it is. You will need to check for yourself)
- Original fuel tank with pump and original caps. Small solder repair at rear on the underside.
- Original handlebars
- Original girder forks without spring
- 2 x covers
- Original front wheel and mudguard
- Original rear wheel and mudguard
- Brake rod
- Blue box with sundry items
Apologies for the dark pictures. They aren’t my best. It was late afternoon on a Winter’s day.
Viewing: By appointment. I will make the arrangements with the family, as I am only offering this on their behalf.
Location: Cambridge, UK. More info supplied after discussion.
Payment: Bank transfer, direct to the family
Contact: In the first instance, please contact me on here. The telephone number is showing at the top of the page if you prefer to call.