This is a rare opportunity to buy 1912 Douglas 2 3/4 clutchless veteran motorcycle project.
When new, it had a 2 speed gearbox and a total loss oil system.
In 1912, Douglas produced variations of the 2 3/4 Model. I’ve done my best to investigate which of those models this is. I think it’s a Model H. If you know better, I’d love to hear.
The variations were:
- Model G – Chain to single speed counter-shaft and foot pegs
- Model H – 2 Speed with foot boards. (This one has frame extensions for foot boards)
- Model J – 2 Speed with foot pegs and drop bars
- Model K – 2 Speed with clutch and kick start.
The frame number is 6895, which puts it in the date range for 1912 (4000-7100)
The engine case that will be supplied with this project is numbered 8443 (year 1913).
The project is offered with an older version (Blue) V5C registration document. It also comes with the original Brown document that matches the blue one. However, The numbers on the document do not match the frame and engine numbers. The registration number on the documents is really nice. It is “BM 1914″.
This is a project. It does not have all of the parts to complete the bike, so please look at the list below and the images. This is being offered on behalf of friends.
- Frame – #6895 (year 1912). Very nice condition and no rot.
- Engine case – #8443 (year 1913)
- Pair engine barrels
- Crankshaft with very nice journals
- a couple of timing gears. (no cam gear)
- One piston and connecting rod
- Pair of nice connecting rods with new bearing shells.
- Original fuel tank with patina and original paint. Small solder repair at rear on the underside.
- Original girder forks without spring
- Original front wheel
- Original rear wheel
Viewing: By appointment.
Location: Near Cambridge, UK.
Contact: In the first instance, please contact me on here. The telephone number is showing at the top of the page if you prefer to call.