Off to Austria
1926 vintage Ariel Model B Black 557cc SV side Valve motorcycle engine with rebore and New Piston.
The Ariel Black models A and B ran from 1926. Ariel also produced the C and D models with OHV engines. This early side valve Ariel motorcycle engine is in good condition, considering it is soon to be 100 years old.
- The cases have matching halves. So, they have stayed together as a pair from build in 1926.
- The barrel has been re-bored
- It is supplied with a new piston (no rings though)
- It turns over smoothly.
- It is missing the barrel nuts.
- The engine number is clear and unmolested. It’s shown in the images and begins with a “P” for 1926.
As you can see, there’s not a great deal in the timing chest. But this is a very good start for a project build of an old Ariel Model B Black motorcycle.
Other vintage engines and parts: I have some. Please view the other items or get in touch.
- International shipping available. Please ask.
- Combined shipping available if you buy other parts.
- I usually ship to most destinations. If you don’t see a price, please ask. Shipping is in addition to the listed price for the item.
Viewing: Please come and check it over before you buy. It is at PE28, near St Ives in Cambridgeshire.
Collection: If you don’t want it shipped, I have plenty of space. If you can’t collect for a while, it’s not a problem. However, I will need to be paid very soon after the sale. Thanks.
Payment: This site has a facility to pay online. Good old fashioned money on collection is preferred. I can accept payment through PayPal or by bank transfer as well.
Import Taxes: Please note that IMPORT DUTIES are not something I can control. If you are buying from outside the UK, there is a chance that you will have to pay import taxes. Import taxes vary from country to country. If there are charges to pay, it is the buyer’s responsibility to research the cost and pay the duties. The price that you see on my advert is for the item and not the item plus whatever taxes might be due.