Pre Unit Triumph Rigid frame Mk1 Sprung Hub, wheel, tyre, brake plate anchor.
This is being sold as a rear hub that will need a complete rebuild although it appears to be well greased.
It’s for pre unit post war Triumph rigid frame bikes.
- In 1947/48 it was supplied for the 3T, 5T and T100.
- In 1949 it was supplied for the 3T, 5T and T100.
- In 1950 it was supplied for the 6T Thunderbird, Speed Twin, T100, 3T deluxe models
- The MK2 hub was supplied in 1951
The number on the hub is W 601. That’s for the Plate and hub shell bearing assy. The number for the whole MK1 Sprung Hub assembly is W600.
How is a Pre Unit Triumph MK1 Sprung rear hub different to a Mk2? There are a few differences;
1. The right hand alloy cover is plain. Mk2 Triumph sprung hubs had circular ribs.
2. The brake plate screws onto the hub on Mk1’s. It slides on with Mk2’s.
3. Mk1’s have a drum/sprocket. Mk2’s have the drum, sprocket and bearing carrier in one casting
4. Mk1’s have curved guide blocks. Mk2’s have rollers.
5. Mk1’s have cup and cone bearings. Mk2’s have normal (although an odd size) ball races.
If you are building an absolutely correct Triumph and it would have had a MK1 Sprung Hub, then here’s your chance. Everyone knows that they didn’t have the best reputation for reliability. I suppose you can improve that when you rebuild it. At least it will be the correct one.
The rim is painted and is a little corroded in places. The type is of no use on a motorcycle at all. As you can see, the brake arm is bent. It’s so thick that a bit of heat should help you bend it back in place.
As you probably already know, the hub alone is heavy. So, if you would like it posted and you don’t want the wheel or tyre, I will remove them before posting. There is no difference in the sale price. I have to pay to dispose of the tyre.
If you are rebuilding a late 1940’s or early 1950’s Rigid frame Triumph 3T, 6T Thunderbird, Speed Twin, T100 or 5T, then this Mk1 rear sprung hub might be just what you need. They aren’t easy to find now.
International shipping available. Please ask.
Combined shipping available.
Viewing: Please come and check it over before you buy. It is at PE28, near St Ives in Cambridgeshire.
Shipping: I usually ship to most destinations. If you don’t see a price, please ask. Thanks. International shipping available.
Collection: If you don’t want it shipped, I have plenty of space. If you can’t collect for a while, it’s not a problem. However, I will need to be paid very soon after the sale. Thanks.
Payment: Good old fashioned money on collection is preferred. I can accept payment through PayPal or by bank transfer as well.
Import Taxes: Please note that IMPORT DUTIES are not something I can control. If you are buying from outside the UK, there is a chance that you will have to pay import taxes. Import taxes vary from country to country. If there are charges to pay, it is the buyer’s responsibility to research the cost and pay the duties. The price that you see on my advert is for the item and not the item plus whatever taxes might be due.